Subscribe to my Prayer Updates

Via MailChimp!

* indicates required

Plans for Next Year.. !

I just sent this out in email form… Sorry if you see it twice! I'm just so excited I can't help but share the news everywhere! God is so good!


Dear Family and Friends,                                                                            

I want to thank you for all the prayers, encouragement, and financial support you’ve generously given to my ministry in Thailand over the last two school years! I so firmly believe God called me here because He knew how it would grow and strengthen my faith and trust in Him. He knew that Chiang Mai would be the place of optimal growth for my walk with Him! I am so thankful for all your encouragement as I stepped out in faith to follow Him here. Your support has been vital to life and ministry here!

Since last October, I have been praying about what to do next school year. Should I return to the States and begin the process of looking for a teaching job? Should I stay here and teach at GIS another year? Is there something else God wants me to be doing? As I prayed through these questions on a vacation to China, I felt God say to me, “Just wait and see the exciting things I have planned for you!” I knew that He would be guiding me and I felt peace in waiting for His timing and answer to my questions. 

Throughout November and December, I was inundated with art and design projects for my local community, as these are a way for me to re-energize and express my gifts in my church and close relationships. I was asked to do paintings, work on a video, re-do a bulletin board, and the list goes on! Basically, I was overloaded with art and design projects. I enjoyed and was encouraged by the opportunities I had to assist the local ministry and bless my friends! 

While working through these projects I began joking with my close friends that God was calling me to work in art ministry. Instead of laughing along with me, they encouraged me and told me about different opportunities where my passion for creating art would be greatly needed to help communicate on behalf of ministries that don’t have gifts like mine available to them. After a few conversations, I too stopped joking and started praying for guidance as to whether He was seriously leading me to this. 

One opportunity available to me was to join the Family Connection Foundation (FCF) media team. They already have several people working on projects, but are overwhelmed with work. The foundation currently has fourteen social work projects within Thailand and is rapidly growing. With full knowledge of my lack of degree in art or graphic design, but knowing my passion and talents, I was asked to help tell the story about what God is doing in Thailand as a graphic designer and artist. I prayed over this, asked my parents and some close friends to be praying for wisdom as I considered my options. Through this process, I was impacted personally by God's love for me as HE quickly opened doors that would make my dream into a reality in a professional environment where I will develop skills and learn to share my gifts with others in full time ministry.

After much prayer and consideration of all my options, I have come to a decision that brings me to a place of complete and overwhelming peace. I have decided to take a staff position with the Family Connection Foundation Media Team, and I couldn't be more excited! As a part of this team I will be working in a professional, dynamic, multi-cultural media environment, working under experienced graph designers, videographers and media professionals, to learn the trade of graphic communication. Our task as a team is to “Tell the Story” of Good Works in Thailand. I am so thrilled to be able to use my gifts as a medium to share what God is doing in and through the different ministry projects overseen by FCF.

You can learn a bit more about our team and see some of our media projects http://www.thaiconnections.org/media. You can also find out more about the foundation and the ministries we support by looking around http://www.thaiconnections.org.

My living situation with my roommates and my commute to work will stay the same, as the foundation office is very close to the school. I will also be able to continue being involved at the same international church and much of my community will remain the same.

As I walk forward in faith to serve God in this capacity, will you continue in partnership with me as I begin working with this amazing foundation? I would love to hear your feedback about my new ministry opportunity and I am excited to answer you questions. My relationship with CORD will remain the same as they have agreed to continue supporting my ministry through funds processing and donor support. In this new position I will actually be working with several other CORD missionaries. Your donations and communication will still be processed in the exact same way as they have been over the past year.

Thank you for the prayers and financial support you give to the ministry in Thailand! Your gifts of time, prayer, and finances are an encouragement to my heart and you are playing a huge role in spreading the gospel throughout a land of darkness!

Blessings,

Marie