Subscribe to my Prayer Updates

Via MailChimp!

* indicates required

Summer's End

My heart is full. This summer in America has come with its challenges. Transitioning back to American culture, back “home” is always a challenge. Raising support is a challenge. Finding new ways to connect to old friends, in spite of the time lost, is a challenge. Feeling homesick, then guilty for being homesick when I’m home, is challenging.

This summer in America has come with its joys. Spending time with my family is always a joy. Being with friends I haven’t been able to be here with is always a joy. Seeing new places and meeting new people is always a joy. Feeling at home is always a joy.

CNX. ICN. LAX. Hume Lake. Thousand Oaks. Lake Tahoe. Newbury Park. Santa Barbara. Ventura. Camarillo. Hume Lake. Orlando. Madison. Orlando. Thousand Oaks. Anaheim. Thousand Oaks. LAX. ICN. CNX.

Its been busy. Its been hard. Its been wonderful. Its been a time of growing, waiting, encouraging, and tears. Its come to an end.

In one week, I will be on the long trek back home to Chiang Mai. This next week will be one of finishing up projects, packing and preparing, spending last times with family and friends, and saying “See ya laters” to more people than I can count. Its going to be two years before I’m back, and I can’t begin to imagine two years without the wonderful people in my life that live here in America. And yet, it’s a part of the life I’ve chosen in following where God is leading me. The hardest part sometimes. So right now, I pray for you my dear friends. I pray that God would bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you His favor and give you peace.

Thank you for this summer. Thank you for all the ways you have blessed me and encouraged me in my time here. Thank you for asking questions and caring to hear about my life. Thank you for sharing your lives with me.

I look forward with great anticipation to this next chapter in my life. And I look forward to hearing about your next chapters.


With love to you my friends in America, I say “See ya later!”