Subscribe to my Prayer Updates

Via MailChimp!

* indicates required

Coup d'état In Thailand

Martial Law was enacted here on Tuesday. Yesterday, it was announced that it was officially a military coup d'état.  (For more background information, read here and here.) A curfew has been put in place (10pm-5am) and schools have closed from Friday to Sunday. This is one of 12 coups that have occurred in Thailand since 1938, so my friends who have lived here for a while act and speak as if this isn't a big deal. So I'm going to go with it, and be thankful for the sunshine, birds singing, and a day to sleep in. :)

I have yet to see soliders around yet however I normally spend most my time at school with little people. As I go out this weekend, I'm sure to see more of what is happening outside of what I hear from the news and Facebook. Chiang Mai was very quiet last night as it was the first night of curfew and we have an unexpected day off today! Earlier in the year I would've been excited about this unexpected day off, but we are in the middle of end of the year assessments and wrapping up the school year with our students! I already was sad to only have 6 more days with them; now I'm praying that we are able to return to school all week next week (so far thats the plan.)

Other than the curfew and school cancelation, all is fine and normal here in Chiang Mai so far! I don't know what will happen in the next few days and weeks, but I know that God is in control, and that He is our rock and protector.

Life became real interesting over here all of a sudden!